Children are valued at Bethlehem and as a core part of the Bethlehem family, kids are welcome in the worship service. We understand that some days may seem easier than others, but here are a few things to help your children engage during worship:
- Listen and learn some of the songs we sing. For my little ones, if there is a song they are familiar with during worship, they are more likely to engage on their own. Check out Pastor Matt’s blog with a list of commonly used songs: Music from Church
- Grab an age appropriate Children’s Bulletin on the way in. There are 2 options- 1 for the non or early readers and 1 geared for kids 7-12. The bulletins highlight the Scripture that is being taught.
- Grab a worship bag. These are especially useful during the quieter times of worship.
- Grab an age appropriate “Sermon Notes” sheet.
- For the younger ones have them illustrate something from the service, for the older ones, have them listen for key phrases or words.
This is just a small list of helpful hints, I’ve used them with my own children! If you have other ideas, please let me know and we can add to this list!