Interested individuals should include a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 23rd.
Job Description: Pastor of Worship Part-Time: 25 hours
Bethlehem Covenant, located in South Minneapolis, is seeking to love God and love our neighbors. During the pandemic, we have combined our two worship services into one blended service. The BCC community is seeking a Pastor of Worship who will be providing the relational leadership and coordination for worship environments at BCC as we discern the format of our Sunday morning corporate worship. This position provides a leadership voice among our pastoral staff and music teams to create worshipful space for our intergenerational community. In addition, this individual will join our preaching team and will have consistent teaching opportunities in our corporate worship.
This position assumes a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus, experience in leading worship and pastoral leadership, an ability to work with a diverse staff, and within the culture of the Bethlehem Covenant community.
Coordinate with staff and music leadership on a weekly basis to create our modern worship experience
- Provide the relational leadership and discipling necessary to empower musicians, tech teams, and other worship voices to create a worshipful environment
- Schedule musicians/tech team, plan worship music consistent with sermon themes, and provide communication to support this growing community of worshippers
- Encourage and support the use of creativity in worship through musical arrangements, readings, prayers, litanies, responsive readings, etc.
- Coordinate with sound/AV team
Serve as resource and supervisor to the leadership of our traditional worship experience
Invite others as needed to grow in leadership and their expression of worship
Meet with the pastoral team to discern and plan sermon themes
- preach as a part of a regular rotation
- perform some of the general pastoral ministries of the church (counseling, visitation, prayer)
- be a voice consistent with the vision and ministry of Bethlehem in the community
Manage and maintain instruments and equipment relevant to the worship experience.
Develop and manage the music budget in consultation with the Worship Board and traditional service worship leaders