While Christians are called to prayer every day (the Bible encourages us to be “ceaseless” in prayer) it can be helpful to set aside a time for a more intentional season of prayer. March 8-14th, Bethlehem Covenant Church will embark on a “Week of Prayer”, 7 days of intentional activity to draw us deeper into the life of God by way of prayer. For your personal use at home, we are providing a booklet as a seven-session guide for individual and small group study, reflection, and interaction. It invites us to walk through the Old Testament and witness those who prayed prayers for protection, provision, peace, power, and promise. Hard copies of the booklet are available at church, but you can also download a copy from covchurch.org
In addition to this resource to use at home or with your family, we have a schedule of events during prayer week in order to come together for prayer.
- Monday – “Being in God’s Presence-Silence” with Juli Swanson and Vangie Bratt, 7pm in the Sanctuary.
- Tuesday – “Intercessory Prayer” at 6:30pm in the Community Room led by the Gathering for Prayer group
- Wednesday – “Praying the Hymnal” with Pastor Matt, 7:30pm in the Narthex
- Thursday -“Partnering in Prayer” led by Befrienders, 7pm in the Narthex
- Friday – A 24hr prayer vigil begins at 5pm and goes till 5pm Saturday. You may sign up for a time slot to pray either here at church or at home for one hour.
- Saturday – Vespers evening worship service at 7pm in the sanctuary, a time of celebration as the week closes.