On October 4, 2020, the Bethlehem congregation gathered to dedicate the Bethlehem Amphitheater at Minnehaha Academy, with many more watching via livestream from home. The funds for the amphitheater are a gift from Roger & Gloria Tamte to the school, in honor of the long standing connection between Bethlehem and Minnehaha Academy, and the many faculty and staff who have shared affiliation with both institutions.
It was a bright (chilly!) October morning in Minnesota, with beautiful sunshine, and a festive spirit in being able to see each other again at an outdoor worship service. We are all very blessed and grateful to be able to share in this occasion!
The commemorative plaque inside the building reads:
“The Bethlehem Amphitheater recognizes Bethlehem Covenant Church, which began at Minnehaha Academy first as a Sunday school in 1912 and then in 1922 as a church that met at the school for twenty years. The amphitheater is given especially in admiration and appreciation of the many members and attendees of Bethlehem who have faithfully served as faculty and staff at Minnehaha Academy.”
Pictures from the Event:
Video of the Service:
Minnehaha Academy Aerial Showing Amphitheater
(thank you Michel Fuller from Fuller Visuals!)